Sunday School: Adam and The Genome
- Day of Week: Sunday
- Group Category: Adult|Women|Men
- Location: Onsite (Room 14) and online
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Start Date: 9/13/2020
- End Date: 9/20/2020
ADAM and THE GENOME
Reading Scripture after Genetic Science
2 weeks only
- Is there credible evidence for evolution?
- Do we descend from a population or are we the offspring of Adam and Eve?
- Does taking the Bible seriously mean rejecting recent genomic science?
- How do Genesis's creation stories reflect their ancient Near Eastern context, and how did Judaism understand the Adam and Eve of Genesis?
- Doesn't Paul's use of Adam in the New Testament prove that Adam was a historical individual?
The authors address up-to-date genomics data with expert commentary from both genetic and theological perspectives, showing that genome research and Scripture are not irreconcilable.
- Contact: Noel Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Buchanan (email@example.com)